Degenerative Diseases Community

wrong diagnosis

I have chronic degenerative arthritis{DA}.  My last painful swelling episode prompted a local doctor to do a arthocentisis and he withdrew 115cc of synovial fluid.  I have no history of gout or any other painful joints except the knees I injured twenty some years ago.  He diagnosed gout despite a normal uric acid blood test and no test available for uric acid crystals.  My question is:  Can degenerative arthritis have the symptom of frequent swelling of the knee with synovial fluid?
Thank you
Keviin
My knee is swollen now for over two or three years, and as far as I can tell so far its osteoarthritis, so there are many other things it can be.  I also have terrible foot pain, so I am going to request blood work to discount gout too.  Some of these things come with age, and in my case I think that qualifies.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.