Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dementia Community
54 Members

memory loss

Hey, ya all!  i have had a couple of health problems since 2010. the symptoms include memory loss, forgetfulness, losing my train of thought when talking, headaches, fatigue and sometimes dizziness. Life has become so hard for me since its like i have withdrawn from social networks. It has also become hard for me to find a job since i graduated from law school in 2013. In early 2013, i went to a neurologist who ordered a ct scan of the head. it revealed that there was a parenchymal lesion cyst on the left postero-inferior area of the brain measuring 1.01cmx0.85 cm. However, july 2014, an MRI scan did not show the cyst. So, my question is, might the MRI have missed the cyst or did it heal since i still have the symptoms that i had. i have gone to the hospital for a countless times but the neurologist does not seem to be of any help. My life is getting lost and i am worried. My family is not supportive and they say that i am pretending since its not possible for a 27 year old to have memory loss. please help. thanks in advance
2 Responses
Have you ever had your Calcium, PTH, and Vitamin D checked? Please read at Parathyroid.com since you have described some symptoms related to parathyroid disease. I had surgery 2 months ago and no more brain fog or forgetfulness and now my energy level is unbelievable. As an adult your calcium should not be over 10. If it goes over 10 and fluctuates it can cause many problems and can mess up your kidneys. Always get a copy of your lab results so you can check everything in case doctor is not on the ball. Many are not.
Have you researched CFS... chronic fatigue syndrome?  I think I may have this. Same as your symptoms.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.