Dental Health Community

What is the connection between stroke and gum disease?

Can anyone tell me that  What is the connection between stroke and gum disease?
Shreya
The common risk factors for heart disease and stroke are obesity, alcohol abuse, poor diet and smoking. Less well-known are the risks caused by gum disease. There are few studies which have linked gum diseases with stroke. The presence of cavities, gingivitis and missing teeth can predict stroke. Regular brushing and flossing can prevent heart disease and stroke. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. For more queries and assistance visit a dentist. I sincerely hope it helps.
Good luck and take care!