Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.52k Members

15 year old dental implant side effects

My mom is 78 yrs old. About 5 yrs ago she started showing signs of head, voice, and hand trembling. Her PCP prescribed Propranolol 160mg and said it "may" be Parkinson's. I wasn't satisfied with "maybe" and researched for a Neurologist that could educate us on what it may be. We later found out through an office visit its Essential Tremors. What a relief! As I read about titanium allergies my mother has dental implants 6 or 8 she's had for about 15 yrs that need repaired. She also has been diagnosed with with COPD, she breathes with her mouth open, wheezing, chronic fatigue, and depression an unsteady gait. All of this has become more and more noticeable! Even with the series if medicines her ET and breathing medications seen to work for a few then one day she is gasping for air or falling over. I'm concerned and also wonder if the dentals implants could be a factor? Where do I start to ask for testing to see if it "may be" titanium contributing to her health concerns
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.