Dental Health Forum

A bum on Gum

I have a bum on my gum on the left side of my face behind the last tooth. Some people are saying it might be a caker sore or an abscess. The bump became bigger and I noticed a white substance inside of the bump. It grew bigger than with the help of hot water and salt it began to drain. First question what is this on my gum? How long does it take to heal? and Should I go to the dentist after it fully heals?

I would recommend seeing a dentist for it.  It sounds like it might be a fistula (drainage) from an abscess.  Especially if you're using warm salt water to draw material out.  The good news is that since its draining, it won't swell up too much in your jaw so you're not in any immediate danger of a severe abscess but if it closes up, it may not have anywhere to escape and the pus will cause a swelling in the area, possibly going to the eye or down the neck.   It would be a good idea to see a dentist as soon as possible to address the issue.
Sounds like an infection. Would it be wisdom teeth problem ?
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.