Dental Health Forum

ABSCESS

I developed a smaller abcess on my cheek at the weekend as a result to poor dental upkeep. I had a root left in my mouth and a tooth that had been over filled from a previous visit to the dentist 7 years ago that should have really have been a crown.

I went to the dentist today and they pulled the root they said that it was most likely the cause of the abscess and after an hour and a half in the chair they finally pulled the roots. I am a little worried because the botched filling (meant to be a crown) has signs on the tooth that this was the cause of the abscess and my cheek is still very large ( a little more embarassing presenting in public than anything)  as there is no pain. The cheek has changed shape but is still large and moved down towards my jaw instead of up near my eye.

How long does the abscess take to drain? as the dentist was looking for drainage that never came. I am looking at going back to the dentist tomorrow morning, should I be on stronger antibiotic? is there anything else I should be doing?

I am on anti biotics from last night taken every four hours amoxycilian
Continue to take your antibiotics.  The swelling should go down as time progresses.  I would monitor the situation but wouldn't be too alarmed if it takes a few more days to slowly shrink.  It may take longer than that.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.