Dental Health Community

Abcsesses in cheek

hello there!
I have a question  about my cheek. I have a nickel sized abscess in my cheek along with two smaller others, about the size of a dime.
I have had these abscesses for a couple months now. Ive talked to my doctor and he said they should go away by themselves. Its been about a month and they haven't gone down, if anything the largest one has grown bigger and I'm worried.
The larger abscess has also gotten harder, feels fuller to the touch.
What Should I do?
Did they come up after a tooth extraction? Curious because I experienced the same thing after having my molar extracted.