Abscess After Antibiotics

Hello...a week ago I went to my dentist with excruciating tooth pain. He identified the issue as a tooth infection and scheduled a root canal for after the infection is cured. I had no swelling at the time.

The pain lessened but was still noticeable since beginning the antibiotic (amoxicillin). This morning I woke up with the pain mostly gone from the tooth; however, my jaw is now swollen with what feels like a hard lump and is sensitive to being touched.

I am traveling for work and was wondering if I should seek emergency help.

Thank you
When will you be seeing your dentist?  And how much more antibiotic do you have left?
I have 4 days worth of amoxicillin left ( 3 500mg pills taken daily). My next appointment is this coming Tuesday.

Thank You

Thank You
I think you can probably wait on it unless it worsens.
Antibiotics for an abscessed tooth are given in pill or liquid (oral) form, usually for a 7- to 10-day period. Complete the dose but seek an emergency help when you feel Trouble breathing,Swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. Do call the Doctor right away when you have Hives, Fainting or lightheadedness.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
The first signs of HIV may feel like the flu, with aches and a fever.
Frequency of HIV testing depends on your risk.
Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) may help prevent HIV infection.
Millions of people are diagnosed with STDs in the U.S. each year.
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.