Dental Health Community

Abscess Trouble

I have a broken tooth which abscessed. The oral surgeon gave me antibiotics several months ago. I have been trying to get the money together and the abscess got worse. He switch me to the Z pac yesterday when the pain got very intense. My lips and cheek are now very swollen overnight. I can not get in to have the extractions until August..Is it dangerous for me to wait? The swelling continues to get worse by the hour..
A dental examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and management of your condition. A tooth abscess is usually a complication of tooth decay. Prompt treatment can save the tooth and a root canal may be recommended in an attempt to save the tooth. Untreated abscesses may get worse and can lead to life-threatening complications. You have already been taking antibiotics but the symptoms have worsened so you may need draining of the abscess and using antibiotics to treat non-serious infections and for a prolonged period can make them less effective at treating more serious infections causing antibiotic resistance. Amoxicillin is drug of choice.Metrogyl can be used as an alternative drug. Discuss your concerns with your dentist. Do write to me again.
Best luck and regards!