Dental Health Community

Abscess after tooth extraction and bone graft. Should I wait on the implant?

I recently had a fractured tooth extracted.  I had previously had a root canal and crown on the same tooth. After the extraction, a bone graft was done. We are in the process of waiting to get the implant done.  Today, however, I noticed a little mound in the space where the tooth was extracted. I popped it  and the liquid was consistent with previous abscesses I had. I immediately cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and water.  Seems like these pop up a little bit more when I have sinus issues.  My question is whether not I should wait a little longer before getting the implant. Do I also need to go back to my oral surgeon and let him know? Not sure if this is normal or not. Thanks in advance.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Going back to see your oral surgeon ASAP is advised.