Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Abscess on gum

I had a tooth extracted about 6 months ago, but a piece of the root was left in the gum. Recently I developed an abscess from the root and went back to my dentist. He gave me amoxicillin which I finished taking a few days ago, but the gum boil is still there. It's like a big lump on my gum. I've been referred to have the root fragment removed by a different dentist, but the appointment isn't for another 2 months. Should I worry that the gum boil is still there? Should I go back to my dentist?
1 Responses
540545 tn?1377626518
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
You should probably go back and possibly see if a different antibiotic may be more effective in treating the area temporarily until the root can be removed.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.