Dental Health Forum

Abscess swelling more during antibiotics

Hi there,
I was put on a 3 day course of antibiotics for a gum infection. The infection went away in most of the gum but a spot about the size of a baked bean appeared. I was then given two separate antibiotics to be taken simultaneously yesterday morning but approx 40 hours later the spot has grown even bigger. Is this normal? What should I do?
Please help, I'm hurting and scared.
What's the cause of the gum infection?  If its a dental abscess, a root canal may be needed to resolve the problem.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.