Dental Health Community

Abscess

I had a cracked tooth,I waited and put off something being done about it,and it became abscess,a pocket formed underneath it and also my jaw swelled up an I believe became infected, I went to the doctor, they numbed and drained the pocket,and gave me 2 antibiotics and a pain med, I'm no longer in pain (the cracked tooth is a little loose) but its been going on 3 days of antis and no change has occurred, is that normal? should I go back to the doctor? or is it normal for it to be taking a little while? I am on 3 doses of each a day which I believe is alot to not see any results almost 3 days in?
if you not feeling any discomfort then it is normal, else you should visit your dentist to get sure about your treatment has completed or not.
My tooth had a hairline crack and the only time it hurt me was if tiny grains would get in it. That was massively painful. The dentist gave me a root canal.