Absess in Tooth Right Next to Crowned Tooth in Front?

I have a crowned tooth in the right front of my mouth and have noticed some tenderness in the gum in the tooth next to it.   The tooth next to it is healthy but I noticed this morning there is a pocket (absess, I assume) at the top of the gum over the second tooth (near the crowned tooth).   Could that be from the crown?   The crown was placed over a year ago and was never seated straight (although the dentist said it was).    My gum does bleed when I floss between those two teeth.    Any advice?
Thanks!
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had the same problem a 2 years ago. The dentist gave me a root canal on tooth next to crown. But the problem was the tooth with the crown. Now I have had both teeth pulled because root canal crown came off and was infected and the problem was the tooth with the crown. have your dentist x-ray before deciding to pull teeth.  email ***@****
Helpful - 0
it needs to be checked and xrayed-- it could be an abcess from either tooth, or it could be gum tissue inflammation from a poor margin (especially since you said it never seated correctly)
Helpful - 0
You need to get an x-ray of those teeth, it sounds like one or both of those teeth need root canal therapy. it is also not normal for the gum to be inflamed, that too has to be checked out.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Forum

If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.
PrEP is used by people with high risk to prevent HIV infection.