Ache at tip of tooth

Hello, I've been having a slight, dull ache at the tips of my lower incisors. In particular, I feel it at the tips of my two middle teeth, where they almost touch one another. The two teeth are close together, but I can still floss between them (and do so regularly).

This began several days ago and has been relatively continuous. It is not made worse by eating warm/cold foods or by pressure.

Any idea what is causing it, what I can do, and if I should seek a dentist's help? I have a regular cleaning in 3 weeks and am planning to mention it then, but should I try to go in before then?
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing a dentist to rule out dental pathology is advised. If there is no dental patholgy identified to explain your dental pain, you probably have non-odontogenic toothache. In that case, seeing an Orofacial pain specialist is advised.
I have a cleaning set up in a few weeks, do you think it is okay to wait until then or should I go in for an emergency appointment asap?
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you can tolerate , you can wait.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community