Dental Health Forum

Antibiotics not working

Hi I have large extremely painful abscess causing severe pain and swelling in gum, jawbone and neck.  This is from a tooth diagnosed with internal root asorption.  I've been taking anitbiotics for 5 days with no relief.  I'm scheduled to see new specialist in 5 days, the first available appointment so I'm officially under nobody's care.  Is this a dangerous situation and do I need to do something ASAP instead of waiting for my appointment?  I'm concerned about infection spreading to my heart and brain.  Thanks
If its not improving, definitely after 5 days, you may need another prescription of another antibiotic.  You may also need to do an incision and drainage where they open the swelling up and get the pus buildup out if possible.
Thank you, I will take action immediately. Happy New Year!
You're welcome.  Hope things turn out good.  Happy Holidays to you too.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.