Dental Health Community

Any tips on how to prevent bruxism?

I recently chipped one of my front teeth in my sleep and it has a further splinter from my bruxism. I also have intense TMJ and a couple of my teeth are flattening from this. My ortho said my teeth were fine and a mouth guard isnt necessary but I've been feeling like he isn't very good at his job. I have anxiety and ADHD, both of which are pretty severe, (my medication doesn't really help my physical tremors and tenseness) and I'm often cold and shivering, making my jaw tense nearly 24/7. Between night grinding and the incessant pressure, I'm really worried for my teeth. I suppose just get a mouth guard and continue looking for an anxiety/ADHD medication that calms my muscles. What mouth guards would you guys recommend? Custom fit from a dentist vs boil and bite? Brand? Aromatherapy for tenseness, getting jaw massages? Anything? I really just do not want to have a full mouth of reconstructed teeth.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing a competent TMJ specialist is advised.
Consider mouth guard and/or stress/anxiety management.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing a tmj specialist is advised.
I have bad bruxism, too. My dentist made a custom fit night guard for me to wear each night. She also said injections of Botox can help.