Dental Health Forum

Bad Breath

About ten years ago I had a root canal done. Ever since then I noticed my breath began began to get worse. Now it has come to the point that my breath can be smelled a mile away. Even when my mouth is closed it can be smelled. I brush fequently, use mouthwash and floss and the smell never change not even for a minute. When I eat the smell is even worse.I've gone to the dentist and they ruled out gum disease. I also went to the doctor and they can't find anything wrong with me. Please help, I've been going through this for so long and I am extremely frustrated. Can this condition just be halitosis from the mouth and nothing more?
I do not know if you have your tonsils but I have heard that an odor can eminate from that area. I would suggest you see an oral pathologist. These specialists can be found at teaching hospitals or  dental       school.
What about seeing an ear, nose and throat doctor?  My child has had bad breath that was associated with sinus problems.  
I agree with 3rdchild.  The fact that you say your "breath" is noticeable even when your mouth is closed make me think that your sinuses and nose are involved.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.