Dental Health Community

Bad breath because of old filling?

I went to dentist because I had bad breath, he made new fillings and replaced some of the old ones. However bad breath persists even though I have no cavities... When I touch the old filling they have bad smell, could the filling be the cause?

I wash teeth every daily, about 1-2 hours after washing teeth the bad breath returns.

thx
Some people have liver problems due to which they suffer from bad breath. It is important to consult with a doctor if you want to know the exact reason for this.

Old fillings may a reason for bad breath. If you feel the same then you should go for the oral surgeries. Oral surgeries help to resolve many dental issues.

Source:
https://www.mii.ucla.edu/groups/healthhome/blog/2016/06/10-conditions-treated-with-oral-surgery
Did you tried use mouthwash. You can use mouthwash every day after having lunch or food. Which can gradually decrease your bad breath problem.