A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.46k Members
437176 tn?1216187913

Bad taste after having wisdom teeth pulled

I just recently had all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled. About two days later I developed bad breath and a horrible tast in my mouth. Some times I do caugh up a terrible mucus taste.(dark brown some times black and at times bloody) But that does not always happen. It can develop the taste/smell with out the mucus. I have not had a cold priror to this and do not have one now. What is this and should I be worried? Also,I am a smoker.
1 Responses
Smoker here also and something similar happen to me after a dental surgery. It was terrible and I have never had anything so bad I couldn't explain in my mouth. I think you should try deep gargling with half and half peroxide and water. In the back of your throat.

I did that on the advice of my boyfriend although I told him I just felt like something was in my throat and I couldn't cough it out. He was right although it took many times of doing this over a couple weeks. Every other day I would do it. Also I started using this listerine pre brush rinse and I still use the listerine regular orange one after I brush. Seems like overkill but it's really not.

After this at night I would drink a full glass of water before going to sleep instead of smoking a cig and in the morning I would wake up and have coffee - about half way through the cup I would cough up the most god awful smelling nuggets. Very bad and sorry for the description. Let me know what turns out.  
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.