Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Bumps on tongue

Hey forumers,

I'm in the middle of a very intense case of strept throat. Before this morning I'd barely eaten or drank anything for two days. Safe to say my mouth was constantly dry and I was very dehydrated. This morning when I woke up I noticed I was getting a cold sore beneath my lower lip. This happens to me often when I'm running a fever. I also noticed a few small circular bumps on the top and side of my tongue. They are not exactly painful unless they are prodded but I'm concerned about what they may be? A side effect of the dryness and dehydration? Cold sore on the tongue? Does anyone have any previous experience with something like this?
1 Responses
540545 tn?1377622918
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
How is the condition now?   It may be some ulcers from the dryness of your mouth causing your teeth to rub against the side of the tongues, causing some injury.  
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.