Dental Health Forum

Bumps on tongue

Hey forumers,

I'm in the middle of a very intense case of strept throat. Before this morning I'd barely eaten or drank anything for two days. Safe to say my mouth was constantly dry and I was very dehydrated. This morning when I woke up I noticed I was getting a cold sore beneath my lower lip. This happens to me often when I'm running a fever. I also noticed a few small circular bumps on the top and side of my tongue. They are not exactly painful unless they are prodded but I'm concerned about what they may be? A side effect of the dryness and dehydration? Cold sore on the tongue? Does anyone have any previous experience with something like this?
How is the condition now?   It may be some ulcers from the dryness of your mouth causing your teeth to rub against the side of the tongues, causing some injury.  
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.