Dental Health Community

Can my crown still get an abscess?

I have a crown on my front kanine teeth. One of them is really sensitive to the touch and has it's on throbbing. I have an appointment in 2 weeks b/c of next week being a holiday my dentist is off so that's the earliest I could get in. I am on doxycyclin because of another chipped tooth. My gums are really swollen around that kanine tooth. WIll I be ok to wait for 2 weeks?
It would probably be better to at least call your dentist.  Doxycyclin may not be the antibiotic of choice if the tooth under the crown has now become infected.  

It would at least warrant a call.  Please don't wait out the two weeks.  Infections can become incredibly nasty in a short period of time where a phone call may solve the problem.

Please don't put this off.

GOOD LUCK.  
My best to you,
Gellia
I agree, this can't wait two weeks.