Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.5k Members

Chronic TOnsilitis Vs lymphoma please help

Hi everyone. I am a 27 year old female. for the past 6 months I have getting periodic sore throats. when this started I noticed that my left tonsil was more swollen than the right. ALWAYS (not only when I am sick) I tried to take a picture but it was hard to. . . anyway the left one is about 40% bigger maye 50% bigger than my right - it doesn't go over my airway at all really but its bothersome. its shaped like a normal tonsil but its almost has like a crevis in it . its inflamed and shaped like the top portion of a heart . . . or a "3" with a little divit or something . I have HUGE crators in the left one as well. I never see tonsil stones or anything . My breath is kinda smelly no matter how often I brush my teeth. I have NO other swollen lymphnodes that I can find. I have had a CT of my chest , and abdomen this year due to other issues and nothing found there. my CBC (blood test) was normal. But I am going to an ENT next wed to get this checked out - I am a wee bit worried about having lymphoma. Please can anyone advise me? I am extremely worried.

Tags: tonsils, lymphoma
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hi there,
The most common sign of lymphomas is painless enlargement of one or more lymph node, usually in the neck, armpits, or groin. These enlarged lymph nodes may cause discomfort depending on where they are located. There will also be fever with night sweats, decreased appetite and weight loss etc.Chronic tonsillitis can be due to sinusitis, repeated infections and are more common in people with immune deficiency. This is merely an advice and not  a substitute for clinical examination. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.