Dental Health Community

Chronic TOnsilitis Vs lymphoma please help

Hi everyone. I am a 27 year old female. for the past 6 months I have getting periodic sore throats. when this started I noticed that my left tonsil was more swollen than the right. ALWAYS (not only when I am sick) I tried to take a picture but it was hard to. . . anyway the left one is about 40% bigger maye 50% bigger than my right - it doesn't go over my airway at all really but its bothersome. its shaped like a normal tonsil but its almost has like a crevis in it . its inflamed and shaped like the top portion of a heart . . . or a "3" with a little divit or something . I have HUGE crators in the left one as well. I never see tonsil stones or anything . My breath is kinda smelly no matter how often I brush my teeth. I have NO other swollen lymphnodes that I can find. I have had a CT of my chest , and abdomen this year due to other issues and nothing found there. my CBC (blood test) was normal. But I am going to an ENT next wed to get this checked out - I am a wee bit worried about having lymphoma. Please can anyone advise me? I am extremely worried.

Tags: tonsils, lymphoma
Hi there,
The most common sign of lymphomas is painless enlargement of one or more lymph node, usually in the neck, armpits, or groin. These enlarged lymph nodes may cause discomfort depending on where they are located. There will also be fever with night sweats, decreased appetite and weight loss etc.Chronic tonsillitis can be due to sinusitis, repeated infections and are more common in people with immune deficiency. This is merely an advice and not  a substitute for clinical examination. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best wishes and kind regards!