Dental Health Community

Dental abscess and cellulitis

I went to the emergency room this morning because I looked in the mirror during the night almost the whole left side of my face had ballooned.

The doc diagnosed me with cellulitis and told me to see a dentist. Duh!  But he was hazy on the details. I don't think I'll be able to open my for a few days.

How urgent is urgent do these circumstances seem?
This is urgent. Hopefully the ER doc gave you some antibiotics. If not, get some from the dentist today. Call up and tell them it is an emergency. Cellulitis is nothing to trifle with. Don't worry, antibiotics can do wonders and in a few days you'll see a huge improvement. Apply cold and hot packs, alternating. Let us know how it goes. Hopefully by now you're on the mend. I wrote an answer just in case you haven't seen the dentist yet.