I just need to vent really I don't know what more to do.
I had a root canal two months ago. My tooth hurt badly when I would floss then it turned into a raging tooth ache. We did all the pressure tests and temperature etc. There was no clear cut answer on which tooth was to blame. So I finally told him to do tooth A. I was 99% sure that was the tooth. Upon doing the root canal the tissue inside the tooth was indeed inflamed so I was happy to hear we got the righ tone. So I thought I was good to go. I was fine for two weeks then the pain came back. We waited another 5 weeks to see if things would "settle" yet they never did so we repeated the process. I was good for 2 weeks and again the pain is back. If it's a neighboring tooth on top where the bad tooth was, nothing responds to hot or cold or even pressure tests.
I am at a loss of what to do? If I indeed have another tooth going will it eventually reveal itself? I am embarrassed to go back to the doc I have seen him already 7 times to try and figure this out. He is an excellent doctor who is not high pressure. He is a wait and see kind of guy if you are not in terrible pain so it's not him he has done everything right. Anyone else dealing with this?