Dental Health Forum

Do I have an infection in my jawbone?

I went to my dentist complaining of severe pain in the left side of my jaw under my molars. After an xray my dentist discovered an abscess. I wanted him to pull the tooth associated with the abscess, but he insisted on saving the tooth. I followed his advice and had the root canal done. He did it himself with no assisiance and it took four visits to complete. He replaced all four canals.
I have had pain in this crowned tooth ever since and it has been nearly a year now. At first he thought the pain was associated with the crown so he shaped it several times until he drilled right through the crown. I have a large whole in the crown but the metal underneith is still there.
I am affraid I may have an infection in my jawbone. My dentist mentioned that I had gaing green (not sure of the spelling) in the abscessed area.
I currently have pain in the left side of my jaw, ear, sinuses, and pressure in my left eye. I am still paying on my $2500 bill for this single root canal and am affraid to return to the same dentist due to the lousy work. At this point I am willing to do whatever it takes to fix the problem no matter the cost or what financial loss I may have to take. I think my best bet would be to have it extracted at this point. Any suggestions? Also, should I try to get my money back from the original procedure?
Thank you for your help!
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.