Dental Health Community

Do I need antibiotics?

Hello everyone.
I have to see my dentist soon for some dental work.
This is the first I'm seeing him since being diagnosed with a heart condition called hcm. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. I was just wondering, would I need antibiotics before my procedures? Does anyone know? And if so do I have to finish them all before seeing him. Thank you.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Consultation with your cardiologist is advised.
American Heart Association no longer recommends endocarditis antibiotic prophylaxis during dental procedures for Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. However, some cardiologists still recommended it especially if you have Left Ventricular Outflow Tract obstruction. You may wish to discuss this with your cardiologist.