Dental Health Community

Dry socket pain after 3 weeks

I got my wisdom teeth out exactly 3 weeks ago. I was told it was a normal procedure but after 3 days had increasing pain and was told I had a dry socket. I have now had it packed 5 times, not once has the packing eased the pain. I have been taking amoxicillyn for the last week in case of infection and it has done nothing. I have not been smoking and have tried to be careful eating. I’m overseas in a place with no English speaking dentists and don’t know what to do. I feel so helpless and sick of being in pain. Is this normal for it to last this long? When can I expect to heal? Or could it be something else?
COMMUNITY LEADER
If amoxicillin is not effective, switching to clindamycin+metronidazole may help clear dental infection.