Dental Health Forum

Extreme Facial Pain After Crown

A week ago today I had a temporary crown put on lower right molar while a permanent crown is being made. When anesthegia wore off I was left in chronic extreme pain that extends from the middle of my lip and jaw to my ear and up into my eye socket. The pain is extreme but centered on the lower row of teeth where the crown was put on. Yesterday the dentist checked everything, did a second xray, and found nothing. He stated the tooth is probably dying but admitted it had shown no signs of problem upon examination other than one corner had broken off, which was the reason for the crown. There were no symptoms prior to the crown. The tooth is not sensitive to heat/cold or biting on something. Could the injection of anesthegia hit a nerve to cause this? If so, what is prognosis, treatment, and length of recovery.
I would check the vitality(if the nerve is alive or dead)of the tooth without the temporary on it and obviously no anesthesia. If the tooth is found to be non vital the nroot canal treatment would have to be performed. If the tooth shows signs of vitality then a decision would have to be made if the doctor felt that the nerve would not heal itself. Then again the RCT would have to be done.By this time if the discomfort was caused by the injection you should be feeling some improvement.
Thank you much for your quick reply. I sure appreciate this service.
I had a crown put on a year ago and this week Im having a lot of pain. I can't put my mouth shut. what is going on?
Should I get my tooth pulled?
I do not have Insurance.
Help me.
I do not have Insurance.
Help me.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.