Dental Health Community

Extreme pain, abscess and swollen cheek near virgin teeth

I was in extreme pain for roughly 2 days (did not sleep at all) around my lateral incisor and canine, both of which has never had any fillings or any history of treatment. On the third day, the pain went away but I developed an abscess on the roof of my mouth behind the lateral incisor. That same day, I went to the ER and had it drained and was put on Amoxil. Now, 1 day later, the abscess seems to have grown in size. Should I get it re-drained? Do I need a root canal?
Dental problems are never any fun to deal with, but the good news is that most of them can be easily prevented by brushing twice a day, flossing daily, eating properly and going for regular dental check-ups.I also take regularly check-ups from my Sherwood park dentists.
Tooth sensitivity is a common problem that affects millions of people. They are the catch-all of oral health problems, and can be caused by just about anything – Cavities, Impacted wisdom teeth, gum disease and more.
It takes about 3 days at least for the antibiotic to begin to work so do salt rinses(salt 1/4 tsp to half a glass of warm water) every 3 hours and your antibiotic as prescribed. If it doesn't "start" to work after a total of 5 days go back. It will take a few days to drain the abscess at least. The pain will gradually get better as well. This does not happen quickly.
If it turns out that it is a tooth responsible for the abscess, it needs to be taken out as as the abscess is completely gone. Don't wait or the abscess could come back worse.