Dental Health Community

Extreme swelling / abscess molar

Ok guys , so the original filling on my rear right molar fell out . I replaced it with some dental putty and the shut hit the fan from then on . I was in constant pain , I could not chew ANYTHING ! It got worse . My face started to swell with some of the most  terrifyingly  sharp pain I have ever experienced in my life . That was a week and a half ago . Now my lower face is completely swolen . Have not eaten in 5 days , my mouth will not open . And I am taking 30g of clindamycin every 4 hours and enough pain mess to keep me ok . The trouble I'm having is that it won't go down ? What's up with that ? How long ?
Have you made a dental appointment yet?  Those over the counter temporary filling materials can be bad news. When the filling fell out pressure could escape through the opening.  When you packed it with putty without removing the decay and treating any pulp damage the pressure can no longer escape.  (Think of it like a pressure cooker)  That's why you're experiencing severe pain and swelling.  You won't really be able to get relief until you're treated by a dentist.