Dental Health Forum

Front Abscess Tooth

I went to the dentist Wednesday and he told me i needed a root canal on my front right tooth, overnight the tooth became abscessed and i swelled up like a balloon and had to go back to the dentist. He drained it and injected antibiotics and gave me a prescription for cleocin 150mg, i started the meds straight away, but my swelling keeps coming back while i sleep. The first day it was just my upper lip and a small part of my cheek, now it's my lip, my whole cheek, my nose and eye which is also black now. I've tried ice packs warm salt water and none of this seems to affect the swelling at all. Is there something else I can do or should I return to the dentist or have my antibiotics changed?
You should go back to your dentist and get it re-openned and checked.  The doctor may increase the dosage or change the antibiotic as well.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.