Dental Health Forum

GUM ABSCESS TOOTH PULLED SWOLLEN CHEC

yesterday i had two teeth pulled due to a gum abscess. I was'n t comfortable about this. I thought if there was infection in your mouth you should'nt have teeth pulled, anyway I have a swollen chec. I am taking medication two different kinds. Three times a day.  Is this normal after having teeth pulled.
I think I answered your question earlier.  If not, please let me know and I will answer this question.

The medication (most likely an antibiotic and a pain medication) will help with the healing and the swelling shoudl subside in a few days.  

"yesterday i had two teeth pulled due to a gum abscess. I was'n t comfortable about this. I thought if there was infection in your mouth you should'nt have teeth pulled, anyway I have a swollen chec. I am taking medication two different kinds. Three times a day.  Is this normal after having teeth pulled?"

I've never heard of pulling teeth due to an absess. So maybe, just maybe, the teeth were pulled due to another or additional problem? They don't do root canals either until you've taken antibiotics (which is weird since antibiotics cannot enter the tubules).
Far as swelling after extractions this varies widely with the pre-extraction condtion of
the teeth. I had a week long swelling after my one and only root canal which I wish I hadn't had done. I only had it done because I had ONE severe stab of pain in that tooth and wished to avoid it happening again. Now it's loose, 5 years later.
A related discussion, pulling abscess teeth was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.