Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

Gap in my bridge and bad taste

Please you haelp as this is driving me insane.  I had a bridge fitted about 2 years ago and I seem to be having more bad tastes in my mouth.  My mouth never feels clean.  I had it done at another dentist because I could not afford my own.

My doctor said its all in my mind but I feel it smells.  Mr own dentist said that there is a gap and that it why food could be lodging  there.  I am not sure what to do.  Please help.
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
A dental examination is important for detecting the cause of your symptoms. It is possible that there could be an abscess or retention of debris under the bridge. A loose crown can lead to lodgement of bacteria under it and cause bad odour.Other causes of bad breath from mouth are tooth decay, sinus disease or gum diseases. These are only possibilities. Seeing a dentist for accurate diagnosis is important. Do keep me posted.
Best luck and regards!
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.