Dental Health Community

Gum Question

Hi, Could someone please help to identify what is up with the white patches on my lower gum?

Thanks!
Hi there,
The exact cause of this white bump can be confirmed only after a complete clinical examination. It is possible that it could be due to an infection involving your teeth or gums. Canker sore symptoms begin with a tingling sensation, followed by a red bump that becomes an ulcer. An abscess can cause swollen painful red lump which may drain pus.Thrush a fungal infection of the mouth causes white patches on tongue and inside of cheeks. It is best to get it checked by a PCP.He may refer you if needed. I hope it helps.
Take care and regards!
Hi Arti!

Thanks for your response! I have just been to the dentist but he told me that there is nothing to be worried about and was saying that it is common. (something about therous (? im not sure about the spelling but it sounded like that ).

Any idea what term or condition it exactly is?