Dental Health Community

How long does it take a cut on the gum to heal?

Last Thursday i cut my gum while eating a sharp chip, which then got embedded in said gum. My dentist took out the embedded shard the next morning. However, it's now the following Tuesday and when I touch the gum with tissue to check if it's healed, there's blood on the tissue. As of the writing of this question it doesn't hurt or feel infected. How long will it take to completely heal?
It will take about 12-14 days. Update us once it is healed.
Well its been about a month and its still bleeding, doesn't hurt at all, but there's still blood. Hard to tell whether that's because I have an incoming wisdom tooth above it, but another visit to my incompetent dentist should help.