Dental Health Community

How long does it take to get over the abscess infection?

I had 5 teeth pulled July 13th and 3 were horribly abscessed.  I have finished antibiotics but still have some pain and feel unwell.   I didn't have any pain or crazy swelling prior to the extractions.  I had went to my doctor because I hadn't been feeling well for months and we noticed a pus pocket on my gum.  Anyway I'm still feeling unwell, tired and my tonsils are still inflamed and sore especially on the side where 4 teeth were removed.

How long does it take to get over the infection?  And how long to heal?

Thank you!
Sherry
Give your dentist a call.  You may need another round of antibiotics or have them changed.

Best to you,
Gellia
That's what I'm thinking too but they say no.  My right tonsil is swollen with red/white spots and my ear hurts as well.  Also have dizziness, the right side is the side where 4 teeth were pulled (no swellen of the gums,etc).  Dentist tells me to call doctor.  Thinking maybe something else, ear infection since I'm still healing and immune system is low...I'm just really tired and sick and tired of feeling bad/unwell.  It has been goiing on for months gradually getting worse.  I was feeling better when on antibiotics even after getting the teeth pulled.  I'm waiting on my doctors office to call and get me in (which is a chore).  I'm thinking the urgent clinic this afternoon if my dr can't get me in.  The worst is the dizziness and fatigue!  Scares me to drive and I don't want to pass out and scare anybody!
I think it's a good idea to get to see your medical dr.  Sure sounds like you might have strep throat, but the dentist may be right in that it may not be from your dental work.

You may need a different antibiotic.  

Please let us know how you do and GOOD LUCK.
I hope you will be feeling better soon.
Best to you,
Gellia
I went to Urgent Clinic and they tested for Strep.  No strep but he said I do have an infection...maybe beginning of ear or sinus.  He said same as dentist that my immune system is down and easier to get something.  Gave me antibiotics so hopefully it helps!  I'll let you know...

Thanks!
Hi again,
I'm glad they gave you some more antibiotics.  

GOOD LUCK and I do hope you feel better shortly!

Best to you,
Gellia
I'm glad you were able to see another medical doctor and find out your second infection. With that much anitibiotics in your system don't forget about the probiotics...

warm regards