Dental Health Community

Huge Lump Above Teeth

I was just recently treated for a dental abcess and that is now gone.  I noticed a huge lump that feels very tough above my teeth in the gumline right where the infection was.  I know that this must have something to do with the infection.  I took all of my antibiotics and everything seems to be ok.  I am not in pain anymore as I was with the abcess.  When I press on the hard lump, I can feel pressure on my teeth but, there is no pain.  My next step is to go to the dentist to get the work done on that tooth.  What could this lump possibly be?  
Did you ever get an answer to your question?
I have the same problem. I had a gum infection that was somewhat painful when I ate on that side of my mouth, it has gone away after a couple days, but for the past 4 there has been a large lump on my gums, above my teeth, where the infection was.
I have the same problem. I had a tooth break while chewing ice. I took antibotics for it that I got from the dentist. I just wanted the tooth pulled. Now I have this huge lump where the tooth is and it doesn't hurt but its hard and I can feel pressure when I touch it. I am freaking out I don't know what it is.
infections in the teeth can sometimes travel down the root into your gums, sometimes the infection can leave a cyst behind, that is prolly the lump your feeling. the dentist usually wont treat it unless your in pain in the area. dont fix anything that not broken ...right?....