I think my front tooth is infected.

About two weeks ago I went to the dentist as I had terrible pain in my front tooth and gums. I was put on ponstan for pain and amoxicillin for the infection for five days. After the five days my tooth and gums felt fine but then a couple of days later the pain in my tooth flared up again. I'm afraid that my tooth may be infected and I will have to get root canal done which can be quite expensive. Is there anyone here that can confirm if the infection has spread to my tooth. I'm in dire need of help.
Hello!

It is possible that the initial infection was never eliminated. I'd see the dentist once more for an examination and treatment.

I hope you feel better soon!
It's better to take the best treatment because there is mouth and body connection.
I agree with above 5 days doesn't sound like it is long enough.
I think root canal treatment is option for you to treat your infection.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community