Dental Health Forum

Incisor pain after being punched.

In December of 2008 (or was it 2007?  probably 2008) I was out at a bar and got elbowed in the face, specifically just to the right of my nose.  By the next morning I had a black eye, and 3 or 4 of my teeth - the incisors and the canine - were hurting; they had a throbbing, sore pain, not the kind of pain that you experience when you have a cavity.

I went to the dentist, told him the story, and he did a couple tests (cold test, etc) and said that my teeth were fine.  Most of the pain subsided within a few days.

After two months, the pain was completely gone, but there were still three problems, both effecting only my most front-right incisor:  1) if I tap on the tooth, it feels different.  2)  If I bend down and turn my head upside down, as if to touch my toes, I feel a sensation that I can only describe as "blood pooling / going to my tooth".  3)  If I press on the right side of my face, next to my nose, where I was hit, it also doesn't feel right.

So I went to my doctor, he checked for a broken bone in my face (though he did not do an x-ray), and said I was fine.

Now it has been over a year since this happened, and lately, as I stretch quite often, the odd sensations / feelings are happening more often.  I have no idea what to call this, or how to research it, as I have such vague definitions of I feel.

I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction so that I can seek better help.  I want to take care of this before it becomes worse of a problem.

Thanks!
Have you gone to a medical doctor to get it checked out?  I was thinking it may be a sinus problem and that's why as the fluids move around in your sinus, it creates pressure but I'm not sure exactly.  You may want to go to an oral surgeon if you already went to a medical doctor.
Sorry for the confusion - I did go to a medical doctor to get it checked out.  He did not perform any xrays, though after "feeling around" he determined that there was no broken bone.

Would you recommend that I go back to my MD and ask for xrays to be performed, or that I go to an oral surgeon and explain my problem to her?

Thank you
I would recommend going to an oral surgeon to get it checked out.  You can also ask the oral surgeon in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery section of this website to see if he recommends the same thing.
A related discussion, Canine pain when touching upper face near nose was started.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
How eating more salt may actually save your life.