Dental Health Forum

Injured Root - Numb lips?

This past weekend I started to experience quite the toothache in one of my molars, which had a number of fillings about four months ago. Although Advil did help the pain was getting quite severe and I made a trip in to my dentist who diagnosed it as a "bruised root." I'm not sure of the exact term he used but he spoke of part of the root acting as a "shocking absorber" and biting down on something too hard. Now the problem is, last night I the bottom right part of my chin and lips started to go numb (this is the side of the toothache as well). I've heard it mentioned that this can happen in some cases of wisdom tooth extractation, would this be the same basic idea or is this something I should get checked out ASAP?

Thanks a bunch!
I do not think the numbness that you are experiencing is related to the toothache and I don't understand where the extraction took place. I think you should see you dentist for a diagnosis.
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.