Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
413769 tn?1231390824

Injured Root - Numb lips?

This past weekend I started to experience quite the toothache in one of my molars, which had a number of fillings about four months ago. Although Advil did help the pain was getting quite severe and I made a trip in to my dentist who diagnosed it as a "bruised root." I'm not sure of the exact term he used but he spoke of part of the root acting as a "shocking absorber" and biting down on something too hard. Now the problem is, last night I the bottom right part of my chin and lips started to go numb (this is the side of the toothache as well). I've heard it mentioned that this can happen in some cases of wisdom tooth extractation, would this be the same basic idea or is this something I should get checked out ASAP?

Thanks a bunch!
1 Responses
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I do not think the numbness that you are experiencing is related to the toothache and I don't understand where the extraction took place. I think you should see you dentist for a diagnosis.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.