Is white spots on bone graft site normal?

I had an extraction and bone graft on a molar (tooth #3) a bit over a month and a half ago (a month and 3 weeks to be exact). Yesterday when brushing, I noticed I started bleeding a bit from the extraction area, and when I took a close look, I noticed some white/yellow spots peeping out of the this area. I’m a bit worried as I didn’t notice this before. There’s 0 pain, and 0 swelling in the area, no foul orders. It looks like tiny bits of cotton or kind of like flakey skin, not like something that’s puss filled, if that makes sense. I don’t know if these just arrived or if they’ve been there, but I just noticed them last night hence why I’m a bit worried. Is this normal?

I’m not too worried about the bleeding as it was minor/I was using a new toothbrush, so the bristles could have added some trauma.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community