Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.45k Members

Lump/ball on gum

hey guys so for a month ive had a small ball on my gums right above a tooth which came out out on its own due to bad oral hygene i guess. i went to the dentist to find out about it but she didnt put to much mind to it and said i have a infection. the ball gets big if i chew but usually if im not eating or passing anything around that tooth area is not so big. its sensitive if i touich it. but im kinda worried cause it dosent go away. now i dont think i should be worried cause dentist did xray and all and didnt pay mind to it. she issued me some anti biotics which i dont take as asked i must admit. but what can this lump be? i repeat i am missing the tooth under the gum due to it falling out to trauma not cause extraction.
1 Responses
btw im 26. i dont smoke cigs. but do smoke marijuana certains day but not every. i have no patches on my mouth. and sometimes the ball/lumpo when it grows when i eat turns sort of yellow then back to the color of gums.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.