Dental Health Forum

Lump on Gums.

I've had a deep tooth decay for around 1 year. In the early stages of the decay there were the usualy symptoms, Pus/Swollen Gums/etc. After a while. The symptoms subsided and my gums started to develope a hard lump (no pain). After getting the infected tooth extracted and taking antibiotics. The hard lump decreased drastically (but never completely went away). Now a month after the extraction. One day I was pushing on (whats left of the lump) and playing with it. The lump on my gums came back to the stage where it was before i gotten to tooth extracted. What can this be??
Did it swell up again?  Usually with the extraction of the infected tooth, the swelling and lump will go down.  It may be just bone that's healed in the area and its changed shape.  If it due to swelling from the area more recently (bone doesn't grow in days but over a month), it may be an infection from another source.
Yes it swelled up again. But I drained the pus. After draining the Pus. The lump went down again. But like before. Its not completely gone. Its been a week since I drained it. Theres like 5 percent of the lump left. Im still taking antibiotics. The neighboring tooth isnt infected, I dont know why the lump will not go away completely. Could it be a deep deep infection that antiobiotics cant penetrate?
It should clear up on its own after the extraction as the tooth is the source of infection.  It may take some more time to clear up.  I would monitor it and see how it goes.  You may want to switch antibiotics possibly
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.