My gums won't stop Receding

About 4 years ago Dec 2011 to be exact i felt i had a lump behind my 2 front teeth went dentist they said I have some gum disease 1's and 2's mainly no mention of the lump, had a clean and said see you in 6 months.  a month or so later I noticed everytime I pressed against the 2 teeth I would spit blood this scared me so unfortunatly i buried my head in the sand a bit meanwhile my gums were pulling away so much so that I went from lifting my lip and seeing gums and little teeth to no gums and long teeth and the lump although initally hurt now no longer did although is still there.
I finally went back to the dentist July 2015 he said its all gum disease and the lump is genetic or something it happens something to do with blood vessels or something.

I again expressed my concern about the lump and the recession dentist told me they are not related and that although my gums have receded a lot my teeth are still nice and firm. They do seem to be except 1 and it's right at the front if this falls out I have no idea what I'm gonna do.... I know that it's only a matter of time.

Anyway 6 weeks on the gums appear to have receded more again I know they have because I can see and feel the difference. 

Is it still gum disease In your opinion or could it be something else?

Also i have a red margin alpng the gum margin of some of my bottom teeth which I put down to marginal gingivitis because I knew I had tartar and plaque there after the clean it's still red although lighter and it even looks purple or dark pink depending on the angle I look at it               I'm petrified because every time I Google my issue I get HIV as a "probable Cause" everyone keeps telling me im mad I've even asked questions on those forums and evey reply says not possible with my "risk Porfile as they call it including this websiteas this is not possible with me but I can't help but wonder so i'm having panic attacks left right and centre  

Please help any ideas
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Periodontist is a dentist specialized in gum treatment.
Helpful - 0
excuse my ignorance but is that not same as a dentists
Helpful - 0
COMMUNITY LEADER
Seeing a periodontist is advised.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community