New filling fell out while chewing gum!!

I just got four fillings done about 2 weeks ago... I was in a lot of pain for over a week with migraines and jaw aches... then yesterday I was chewing gum and I felt something crunchy... IT WAS MY FILLING!!! I couldn't believe it! My dentist will replace it right? I just don't want to go through getting Novocaine again...Anyone else have this happen?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
yes your dentist should replace it. if he doesnt need to drill you wont need more novocaine. it depends on why the filling came out.
Helpful - 0
Well not the whole filling fell out... it feels about like half cracked off. I'm thinking they will have to drill out the rest of it and then replace it... or do you know if they can just fill in the missing half?
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community