Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.51k Members

Pain on underside of jawline

I am not sure if this is dental related or perhaps a swollen lymph node or gland? Yesterday I brushed against the underside of my jawline while washing my face (right where the nearly 90 degree angle of the jawline is) and it was tender to the touch. When I press on it now it is very tender, almost like a swollen lymph node would be. I don't have any pain in my teeth, nor does it hurt when I chew or otherwise and the pain seems only to be on the underside of the jawbone area when I press on it.
What could this be?
1 Responses
15439126 tn?1444443163
I think it's likely a swollen lymph node (typically in reaction to an infection).  Not all infections involve swelling (causing pain), but you may nonetheless have a tooth that's having a problem.  Time to visit your dentist, I think.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.