Dental Health Community

Pain on underside of jawline

I am not sure if this is dental related or perhaps a swollen lymph node or gland? Yesterday I brushed against the underside of my jawline while washing my face (right where the nearly 90 degree angle of the jawline is) and it was tender to the touch. When I press on it now it is very tender, almost like a swollen lymph node would be. I don't have any pain in my teeth, nor does it hurt when I chew or otherwise and the pain seems only to be on the underside of the jawbone area when I press on it.
What could this be?
I think it's likely a swollen lymph node (typically in reaction to an infection).  Not all infections involve swelling (causing pain), but you may nonetheless have a tooth that's having a problem.  Time to visit your dentist, I think.