Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.43k Members

Painful lump in mouth, believe due to infected tooth

I broke my right front tooth off at the gumline last summer.  Recently it has become very painful but bearable.  Yesterday the pain increased significantly and by last night was bearly tolerable.  Late last night a small bump about the size of a large pimple appeared in my mouth, almost on the roof of my mouth above the tooth.  By this morning the lump has increased in size, still smaller than a dime but extremely painful.  Also experiencing extreme nausea. Is there anything I can do for this at home since I am out of work and there is no money for a dentist/oral surgeon? Alternatively, is there someplace that will do charity work for emergencies due to this nature?  I have been taking ibuprofen which does help slightly with the pain for a limited amount of time but as this problem seems to be getting  progressively worse I don't think it will work much longer.
1 Responses
745634 tn?1243727047
You can try your local dental school, which typically have very low prices for extractions and have emergency clinics.
You can also check your state dental board and see if there are any dentists in your area that do charity work.
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.