Dental Health Community

Painful lump in mouth, believe due to infected tooth

I broke my right front tooth off at the gumline last summer.  Recently it has become very painful but bearable.  Yesterday the pain increased significantly and by last night was bearly tolerable.  Late last night a small bump about the size of a large pimple appeared in my mouth, almost on the roof of my mouth above the tooth.  By this morning the lump has increased in size, still smaller than a dime but extremely painful.  Also experiencing extreme nausea. Is there anything I can do for this at home since I am out of work and there is no money for a dentist/oral surgeon? Alternatively, is there someplace that will do charity work for emergencies due to this nature?  I have been taking ibuprofen which does help slightly with the pain for a limited amount of time but as this problem seems to be getting  progressively worse I don't think it will work much longer.
You can try your local dental school, which typically have very low prices for extractions and have emergency clinics.
You can also check your state dental board and see if there are any dentists in your area that do charity work.