Dental Health Community

Problem after treatment

I have broken a tooth,,,it is a molar and half still remains,,,,i went to the dentist and it was packed/filled temporarily until the following week,,when i was to return for extraction.  On returning for extraction,,,,the dentist had trouble removing the tooth,,,i had two injections,,,but as the dentist was attempting extraction i could feel the affected tooth,,,in the end i had had 'numerous' further injections,,,attempts at loosening the tooth etc. I left without the tooth being extracted. My mouth was obviously sore for quite a few days,,,,bruised from the injections etc. My main concern is my gum under my tongue near the affected tooth is swollen,,but as a large hard lump,,this wasnt there before i went for treatment,,,will it go down/disappear? Is it due to the injections or the affected tooth?
Hi,you should go back and finish getting that tooth removed,it sounds like a "hot Tooth" that's when the infection is so bad the patient can't be numbed.Antibiotics for a few days would probally clear up the infection enough so that you could have that extracted.You really need to have a dentist finish the job. Good luck