Aa
A
A
A
Close
Dental Health Community
7.47k Members

Problem after treatment

I have broken a tooth,,,it is a molar and half still remains,,,,i went to the dentist and it was packed/filled temporarily until the following week,,when i was to return for extraction.  On returning for extraction,,,,the dentist had trouble removing the tooth,,,i had two injections,,,but as the dentist was attempting extraction i could feel the affected tooth,,,in the end i had had 'numerous' further injections,,,attempts at loosening the tooth etc. I left without the tooth being extracted. My mouth was obviously sore for quite a few days,,,,bruised from the injections etc. My main concern is my gum under my tongue near the affected tooth is swollen,,but as a large hard lump,,this wasnt there before i went for treatment,,,will it go down/disappear? Is it due to the injections or the affected tooth?
1 Responses
Hi,you should go back and finish getting that tooth removed,it sounds like a "hot Tooth" that's when the infection is so bad the patient can't be numbed.Antibiotics for a few days would probally clear up the infection enough so that you could have that extracted.You really need to have a dentist finish the job. Good luck
Have an Answer?
Top Dental Answerers
taipei, Taiwan
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
If you suffer from frequent headaches, jaw clicking and popping ear pain, you may have TMJ. Top dentist Hamidreza Nassery, DMD, has the best TMJ treatments for you.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.
In You Can Prevent a Stroke, Dr. Joshua Yamamoto and Dr. Kristin Thomas help us understand what we can do to prevent a stroke.