Receding Gums

I am a very healthy 21 year old F who had always had very good dental health. Two years ago I had a bit of a receding gum on my front right tooth but it never hurt so I put off going to the periodontist. Besides that, I go to the dentist every six months and he always says what healthy gums and teeth I have (besides that front tooth, which he has been bothering me to get looked at). Yesterday I had some pain in one of my side bottom teeth and saw that it was a receding gum that was exposing some of the root. This morning I had pain in my top tooth that is right above that bottom tooth and found a slightly receded gum there as well! Some quick research says that usually bad dental hygiene is to blame, but I am very diligent about brushing my teeth twice a day. I have an appointment with a periodontist in two weeks, but I'm getting nervous. What could be causing this sudden recession of my gums on multiple teeth?
Gum problems at an early age should never be ignored. Visiting a good doctor is the only option if you want to have good dental health. I can help you with some of the best dentists if you want to know.

You are reading content posted in the Dental Health Community